Rekha, the reigning Queen of Indian Cinema

Suvbharat Times, 14.12- Once Rekha quoted that, I'm healed, I am not bitter anymore, I don't think I ever was." Bombay was like a jungle, and I had walked in unarmed. It was one of the most frightening phases of my life... I was totally ignorant of the ways of this new world. Guys did try and take advantage of my vulnerability. I did feel, "What am I doing ? I should be in school, having an ice-cream, fun with my friends, why am I even forced to work, deprived of normal things that a child should be doing at my age ?" Every single day I cried, because I had to eat what I didn't like, wear crazy clothes with sequins and stuff poking into my body. Costume jewellery would give me an absolute terrible allergy. Hair spray wouldn't go off for days even despite all my washing. I was pushed, literally dragged from one studio to another. A terrible thing to do to a 13-year-old child > Srisai Creation, Bhubaneswar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Sensation Samantha

The term diva was coined for Rekha

Historical Judgement on Ayodhya land dispute